Saturday, January 3, 2009

Five Senses.

I woke up today with the complete intention to forget about all of my preconceived notions of the five senses and live abstractly today.
In this, I will attempt to say what it felt like....and most likely fail.

My mind had been off somewhere else during work. My words slipped and trembled, lispfully I fucked up saying many orders back to customers. However, they were all correct. Just the communication lacked clarity.
When I got home, I felt the urgency to call her, thanks to promptings from my good ol' pal.
But I couldn't even remember the nickname I had given her on my phone. By the time I found it in the contacts, my vision was flipped upside down.
I felt a strong tug that struggled from the pit of my stomach and up through my esophagus.
My phone fell to the floor.
"Maybe this is with drawl from your medication.."
Violent shivers took control of my body. My insides turn on each other, it was now a game of "whoever lives, wins".
I am still fairly convinced they all lost.

Somehow managing to crawl onto the bed, I let myself sink into the mattress I have been laying on for fourteen years. My eyelids felt heavy so I let them give way to gravity and darkness consumed me.
But it wasn't darkness I've been familiar with.
It was more than a lack of light.
Oddly enough, I liked this.

Every breath I took was an extension of my surroundings.
I felt the floor's heartbeat, I felt the wall's natural patterns, I felt the sheet's rhythm.



I might still have a fever.
I don't care much.
Today was a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment